- Oxford Owl – eBook library is free to register. Choose stories and information books from the eBook Library to practise your reading skills. RWInc Books are also included (Green and Purple can be found in age 4-5 section and pink, orange, blue and grey can be found in the age 5-6 section). Some of the books have questions or activities to do once you have read the book.
- Suffolk Libraries Borrow Online Library Books for Free – use your library card number to sign in.
- PhonicsPlay Comics are decodable comics you can read at home for free.
- Listen to David Walliams read today’s free audio story from The World’s Worst Children!
- Teach Your Monster to Read – Free to sign up online
Julia Donaldson is doing a weekly broadcast of 'Julia Donaldson and Friends' on Thursdays at 4pm. This week Julia Donaldson shared a performance of the song 'A Squash and a Squeeze'. Also Axel Scheffler did some drawings of the characters from A Squash and Squeeze, you could have a go at drawing the characters too. Click here to check it out. https://m.facebook.com/OfficialGruffalo/videos/3134033283326152/
RWI Phonics lessons at home. Videos streamed live daily on Youtube for your child to watch at home, there are three short Speed Sounds lessons with a RWInc trainer. Films are only available for a day and are streamed live at the times below:
Set 2 Speed Sounds at 10:00am
Set 3 Speed Sounds at 10:30am
They are also reading and performing a poem a day for you to listen to, discuss and learn with your child.
- Phonics Play Why not try these games to practise your phonics. Use the username: march20 password: home - to access all the games for free!
- Phonics Bloom Why not try these games to practise your phonics. Woodpeckers love playing Odd and Bob.
- Tricky Words and Sight Words Song
- Phase 3 Tricky Words Song
- White Rose Maths, which is the scheme of work we follow at school, have created videos and worksheets to help you teach and learn Maths at home, there are daily videos to watch then a worksheet for you to complete.
- Times Table Rockstars – Regularly practice your times tables and earn coins. Your child's login is in the front of their Reading Diary.
- NumBots is an online game and playing little and often will improve your recall and understanding of number bonds and addition and subtraction facts. Your child's Times Tables Rockstars login (which is in the front of their Reading Diary) is also valid on NumBots.
- Ictgames Fun games for you to practice your maths skills
- Topmarks Fun games for you to practice your maths skills
- Hit the button Woodpeckers love practicing their number bonds to 10 with hit the button and are always keen to beat their previous score. The score to beat is 12, can you beat it?
- Ictgames English games for you to practice your phonics, spelling and reading.
- Topmarks English games for you to practice your phonics, spelling and reading.
Have a look at this topic on Amazing Plants, it will help you to look after your bean plants. Each section has some videos to watch and games to play.
Philosophy for Children (P4C)
- This is a great programme to get your children thinking and sparking off discussion. Give children time to think about and form their opinion and then share it in a sentence. They are used to using sentence starters such as 'I think..' 'I agree..' 'I disagree'. Encourage them to start justifying their ideas with reasons for their opinions.