Finance Assistant Apprentice,
AAT Level 2
Applications close on the 22nd July
Applicant must be able to start by 27th August 2019, however an earlier start date would be possible by mutual agreement.
£7 per hour, 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year with 23 days annual leave and bank holiday leave.
This would be 8.30am -5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Friday. Time off to study to be agreed with successful applicant, but will be the 25% of the working week.
Minimum of 12 months and a day possibility to go on to do AAT level 3 upon successful completion of level 2 and subject to funding.
Who we are
As an academy trust we are fairly unique in that with our accounting obligations we have to follow both company and charitable law. Therefore, the successful post holder will have access to a wide range of accountancy regulations whilst learning and being supported in the basics and delivering a service to schools so they can successfully educate the 1800 pupils within our Trust.
What we do
We are a small team delivering the full range of financial services to 6 local primary schools to support schools in educating their pupils. Within this role you will get to experience all aspects of accounting from sales and purchase ledger work, to dealing with suppliers, supporting with year-end financial accounts and preparing working papers.
The main purpose of this role is to support the Trust Finance Lead and Chief Finance Officer in providing an efficient and customer focussed finance service to the schools within our Trust.
We welcome someone with an interest in numbers and finance to develop their accountancy knowledge.
Full training and support will be given to the successful applicant.
● Responsible to the Chief Finance Officer
● Working closely with the Trust Finance Lead
● Direct liaison with Office staff and headteachers within Trust schools.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
● Processing, matching and coding purchase invoices
● Preparing payment runs
● Processing staff expenses
● Processing purchase orders
● Dealing with supplier queries
● Reconciling supplier accounts
● Raising sales invoices
● Reconciling purchasing card transactions
● Assisting with bank reconciliations (as required)
● Processing direct income
● Processing locally banked income
● Keying accruals and maintaining the register
● Supporting with year end and working papers production
● Dealing with customer (schools) queries via telephone and email
●Support Trust Finance Lead with Fund Accounting
● Attendance at meetings (as required)
Good verbal and written English communication skills.
Good level of maths skills and interest in financial focussed work
Desired Personal Qualities
Ability to work effectively as part of a team to ensure the needs of the pupils are met appropriately.
Excellent organisational skills
Ability to meet deadlines
Ability to develop positive working relationships
Accurate and diligent
Passion for learning and development
Able to exercise judgement and refer matters as necessary
Grade 4 GCSE Maths and Grade 4 GCSE English
For an informal discussion, please telephone Jennifer Hunwicke - Chief Finance Officer, or Lisa Mower - Trust Finance Lead, on 01473 684922.
To make an application, please click here